Monday, June 2, 2008

A Rather Sobering Thought

I got an email from my dad today. He told me what's been going on with my mom's radiation therapy. Apparently she's doing very well. There was a lot of strain in that email. My mom has been on my mind lately. Technically, the hard part is over. We know all the facts; we've started the treatments, and the initial shock has passed. The whole situation isn't so startling anymore and she still looks and acts fine (for the most part). But yesterday I was thinking about the whole business. She's not always going to feel this well or look so normal. Eventually things are going to get worse. I don't know when, but sometime in the future (near or distant) things are going to get tough. And having to come to terms with the fact that that's going to happen someday is really, really difficult to accept.

No comments: